Professional Learning Grant
Allocated Sum: £34,491
Outline of intentions
The funding will be used to create capacity in school to enable practitioners to make the required changes in preparation for the new curriculum. This professional learning plan is supporting the professional learning needs of all practitioners within the school and is reflected within priorities in the school development plan. The SDP includes priorities focused on developing teaching and learning in classroom practice and improving the breadth, balance and appropriateness of the curriculum.
The allocated funding will be used to fund:
- Professional learning activities and resources focused on pedagogy
- professional development bursaries focused on professional learning
- scheduled meeting time to discuss curriculum developments.
- Professional learning activities include sharing best practice, shared professional learning on training days, and shared professional
- learning at GwE training events and GwE subject forums. The funding will be used to pay for teaching assistants to participate in
- professional learning on training days, supply cover for teachers to attend GwE training events. Scheduled meeting time is planned to
- allow middle leaders to discuss pedagogical approaches and curriculum developments.
Expected Impact and Outcomes
- Improved variety of pedagogical approaches
- Improved breadth and balance of curriculum